During his 2009 visit to what is now known as Andrologix, Dr. Greenly was able to further his interest in the area of medical study that he had been following which is bioidentical hormones for females entering their perimenopausal and menopausal stage of life.
For perimenopausal and menopausal women, Dr. Greenly has become one of the leading experts in Hawaii for bioidentical hormone therapy (BHRT) replacement. After an initial consultation and lab work to determine if certain hormones are not at ideal levels, Dr. Greenly works closely with three State of the Art compounding pharmacies to develop a therapy customized just for the female patient. Whether topical or an oral preparation, he will work with the patient, follow her progress and if necessary, adjust dosing and/or strengths until the best BHRT effect is obtained. Perimenopausal and Postmenopausal female symptoms for low hormone levels:
- Heat intolerance/hot flashes
- Mood swings & irritability
- Weight gain
- Changes in hair and skin
- Decreased libido
- Vaginal dryness
- Discomfort during sexual intercourse
At the initial consultation, Dr. Greenly will go over any symptoms, complaints, concerns the patient has and will order blood work dependent upon his findings. Once lab work is completed, the patient will have a follow-up appointment. If her hormone levels suggest any deficiencies, he will discuss possible options of treatment .
- Transdermal supplementation with prescription compounded estrogen/progesterone/testosterone at concentrations tailored to address the patients symptoms and laboratory results
- Oral supplementation with prescription compounded estrogen/progesterone/testosterone at concentrations tailored to address the patients symptoms and laboratory results